Santorini Sunset Tour
“The Beauty of Santorini”
|Tour Info ————————
Tour Duration: 5 hours
Language: Greek, English
Pick up: From anywhere in Santorini
Suggested time: 5:00PM
Entry fees: included
We have available non smoking English speaking guide drivers with luxury Mercedes mini buses and sedan vehicles for a comfortable sunset tour in Santorini, Greece
SANTORINI SUNSET PRIVATE TOUR DESCRIPTION
We start with a visit to Santo Winery, located above the port of Athinios, and of course, tasting local wines and trying other traditional products is involved in our program. Overlooking the caldera, Santo Winery will definitely reward the visitor with its spectacular views of Santorini island
After Santo winery we will go to Firostefani, lying to the north of Fira. Its elevated position in relation to the town of Fira has blessed this location with some of the most stunning views on the island.Here is also where the Blue Dome Church lies, the church which is so prominently displayed in so many postcards, guidebooks and travel guides. Firostefani is one of the most picturesque villages on the island – the serene atmosphere and magnificent sunset will surely create a unique and unforgettable experience that will remain with you for a long time to come.
Once we finish with Santorini information and photo session from Firostafany Village we take the road to Oia. The drive to Oia is about 20 minutes. Oia is one of the most famous village of Santorini and one of incomparable beauty. This is certainly the most popular spot for watching the sunset. The endless palette of attractions here is nothing less than glorious: magnificent sunsets against red orange skies, panoramic views of the Caldera and the Aegean, traditional houses in niches inside the rock and a unique idyllic atmosphere. This is the perfect ending to our tour – we will gather here before the sunset to take photos so make sure to be armed with your cameras and be ready for the adventure.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT SANTORINI SUNSET PRIVATE TOUR
Cruise passenger pick-up:
All cruise passengers with individual programs are taken to the old Port of Fira, by tender boats. From the port, you will take the cable car up to Fira town.
The meeting point for the tour is at the cable car’s exit in Fira town. Your guide will wait for you there, holding a sign with your name.
Please include the name and arrival time of your ship, and full name and mobile phone number when booking of the tour in order for your pick-up to be arranged.
Your guide will meet you at the hotel entrance door
Drop-off / End Point:
Same as the meeting point
A deposit of € 50 Euros is required at the time of booking to secure your day with us.
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
RELATED SANTORINI PRIVATE TOURS
10 Best places to see Santorini sunset
1) Oia village. This village is a few km from Fira. Its sunset is very famous in the world. The beauty of this village with white houses lies in a spectacular location on a cliff, at the edge of the breathtaking Caldera. Have you ever seen a color palette? Well, Oia is just that: a palette in shades of colors. The sunset enhances its beauty.
2) Skaros Rock at Imerovigli. The ruins of the Venetian castle Skaros are another good spot for sunset. Skaros was a fortress originally known as “Epano Kastro”. During a 19th-century earthquake the castle was destroyed and today there are only ruins. Here the landscape is incredible. At sunset, the castle looks like a dark fortress illuminated by the red light of the sunset of Santorini. Near the rock there is also the lovely little Chapel of Theoskepasti, facing the Caldera.
3) Fira. It is the capital of Santorini full of life. One of the best places to watch the sunset is in front of the Orthodox Cathedral.
4) The Akrotiri lighthouse. I love the lighthouses, because I love the whole atmosphere around these buildings. This lighthouse has something unique in its kind. It is located at south of the island and in 1892 it was renovated by a French trading company.
5) On a sunset cruise. Many boat excursions are organized in Santorini. This is another way to enjoy the sunset from the sea! The tour ends with the Oia sunset at the centre of sea. I chose the excursion by the typical boat Albatross, leaving from the port of Athinios at a cost of about €38 per person.
6) Franco’s Cafè – Bar. Kasteli, Castelli, Pyrgos. A very nice bar in Pyrgos, where you can enjoy the sunset accompanied by a classical music. Try to go at least an hour before sunset to make sure to sit down in the firsts row. I unfortunately did not succeed, but the experience is equally unique.
7) Santo Wines Winery. Enjoy a wonderful sunset drinking a good wine (or more than one) and eating many types of cheese. Santo Wines Winery is a must for wines lovers and sunset makes this moent really magical! You can also taste different cheeses.
8) Cafè del mar in Fira. Do not to confuse it with the Café del mar e sol (which is in the beach of Perivolos). I recommend this place especially to the young and posh people. The Caldera view is stunning. The price of coktails is expensive (€14), but the bar is really nice. I chose a coke.
9) Apartments, Villas and Studios. Do you love your privacy? Enjoy the sunset from a Studio or Villa. There are a lot of studios, depending on your budget. Just make sure to choose the room where you can really enjoy the sunset from.
10) Santorini’s alleys. Narrow alleys with typical restaurants and bars, hidden spots, windmills and white houses who change their own colors at sunset, but all of them look at the Caldera.
Santorini Travel Info
Home | Transportation | Santorini tours | Private Tours | Santorini taxi | Water Taxi | Rent Car and Driver | Santorini Map | Santorini History | Santorini Villages | Santorin Volcano | Things to do in Santorini | Santorini Sailing | Photography tours | Flying Dress Photoshoot | Wedding dress Rental | Santorini Wedding planners | Wedding accessories | Wedding flowers | Cooking Classes | Santorini Doctors | Santorini Villas | Santorini Bodyguards | Vacation Packages | Useful Links | Contact Us